Sorry we haven't updated in awhile. It's getting really cold here, so we haven't gone fishing in ages! We regret to inform you that there won't be any fish stories on this blog for quite awhile.
A few weeks ago, we were priveleged to have Jill's parents come up and stay with us for a few days. Then, a few days later, David's sister Katy and her family came up to stay. It was really good to see some of our family. We had a blast with them too, but wished that they could've stayed longer.
Not a whole lot of exciting things have happened lately. Of course everyday is wonderful, but nothing extraordinary has happened. We both love each other so much, and are having fun together.
Lately, Jill has been getting more organized and is feeling a lot less stressed. She has found a way to get all of her school work done, keep the house clean, and still have time to spend time with David and do things she enjoys, like blogging and scrapbooking. David is helping her a LOT in keeping the house clean. In fact, yesterday David got home from work before Jill got home from school. When Jill walked in the door, her handsome husband sat reading in the rocking chair, in the middle of a clean house! He had straightened everything, put away the groceries, and even made the bed again! David helps her so much, and she appreciates him.
We have also been going to the temple a lot lately. Jill's "Strengthening Marriage and Family" teacher suggested that everyone in the class go to the temple with their spouse every month on the day they got married. We both agreed that that was a good idea, so on the eighth of every month (or at least around the 8th) we have gone to the temple. It has strengthened our marriage so much! It strengthens our love of the gospel and each other.
Well, we will write a more interesting post later, with pictures and such. But we love you all and hope you are well!

2 comments:
Hey Jill, it's Tracy Brown (I linked from your mom's blog...I'm kind of nosey, I know), and anyway I love that temple advice! It's like a mini anniversary celebration every month! Awesome. I might have to incorporate that into my own life...somewhat. Thanks for sharing!
Also, reading your blog brings back memories for me. We did the whole older basement apartment thing when we were first married and we totally had the clogged drain spewage experience as well (only I think yours was worse!). Good times.
Oh my goodness! I DID comment on this.....I don't know what happened to it......I just kept seeing the "1 comment" and thought it was mine!! SORRY!! I just wanted to say that I am so proud of the way you are adjusting, and that attending the temple is the best way to keep your marriage strong!! I'm glad David is so helpful, I don't think I ever washed a dish until we had been married a few years. He was so loving and helpful to me!! Sorry again about the lost comment!!!
Post a Comment