This is Jill posting this time.
So, I have been having quite a few accidents at school these past few days.
While I was riding my bike to school yesterday, I was waiting for the light to turn green so that I could glide through the intersection. When it turned, I pushed off to start pedalling, and my shoe came off in the middle of the intersection! I had to back my bike up quickly and pick up my shoe while cars were waiting for me to move. At one point, I was pedalling, and accidentally rubbed my toe against the ground, scraping up my brand new shoe! Then when I got to the building my class was in, I was walking up the steps to my class, and didn't pick my foot up quite high enough, causing me to kick the step and fall forward. A girl saw me fall and started laughing. In order to feel less stupid, I tried to laugh along with her, but it came out as a loud wild laugh, which made me feel more stupid. I could feel my face turning red, and my toenail was throbbing.
Then in class, still red-faced, I got out my laptop and set it on my desk. I opened it up and began typing or whatever. Then I decided to investigate my throbbing toe and ripped shoe, so I bent over my desk, shoving my laptop off of the desk and causing it to go crashing into the floor! Of course everyone in the class looked, and I could feel my face turning even more red.
Finally, class was over. I walked down the steps as fast (and as carefully) as I could. Then I was headed out the door. The girl in front of me was holding the door, so I started to walk through. But the girl thought I had the door, so she let go. It was one of those doors that doesn't close slowly. It SLAMMED back into my face, and everyone around me just laughed.
Then I went to the testing center and got a 76% on a test...
Bad day. =)

7 comments:
Oh Jill! I almost cried reading your post! I'm sorry you had such a bad day. I hate those days.
Love,
Alicia
Poor Dorky Daughter!! I thought that once you got in college and/or married you would de-dorkify!! Just kidding, I am really sorry you had a bad day, and I can just hear your maniacal laughter!! You usually glide through your tasks so gracefully and tactfully.........ha-ha!!!
Okay, so your blog is seriously such a flashback for me. I had so many moments in college where I was pretending to laugh at myself on the outside but totally crying inside. Life can be so embarrassing, huh. I'm sorry you had a bad day.
Also, was your test by chance in American Heritage or Integrated Science (I think that's what they called it...that required science class everyone has to take)? Because those two classes THREW me on tests. The first test I took in the testing center I got in the 70's and I felt like such a college failure.
Yes! It WAS American Heritage! Those tests are rigged, I swear! They make them so that it's 98% impossible to get an A! So unfair!
I'm glad you wrote this down, Jill! It happens to everyone! It's just crazy that you had so many of these "moments" all in one day! Thanks for the good laugh! IT only gets better, right?!
TAG! You're it!!!
sounds like you had a freshman day. don't worry. it gets better. miss you guys lots. hope to see you at christmas. love you!!!!!
Post a Comment