Thursday, November 11

Halloween!

I LOVE Halloween. It is my second favorite holiday after Christmas. And it is a close second, mind you. I remembered last Halloween to be a little bit disappointing, so this year we did things right!
We went to the Haunted Forest! I didn't get any pictures, but come to think of it I don't think I would have been allowed to take pictures anyway. It was a lot of fun, though. They had chainsaws, flame throwers and angry gorillas! I was definitely freaking out, but I noticed that if I didn't scream, the actors left me alone. It was hard not to scream! David had a ton of fun and was laughing the entire time.
We also carved a pumpkin. Yay! I guess I'm old-fashioned, because every year I just want a classic jack-o-lantern. We did it again this year. Well, David did it, and look how cute it turned out!



We bought this pumpkin at 9 cents a pound. Yay
for Macey's! By the way, the jack-o-lantern
is on the left. The other round thing is me. =)

We also decided to throw a Halloween party. I LOVE to cook, so I had a lot of fun putting together these spooky concoctions.
The punch. It was just a "church punch" recipe
(Sherbert, ginger ale, koolaid, etc.) but we added
dry ice so it would smoke over and we put it in a cauldron.
It was cool looking.


The snake sandwich! I actually thought this wouldn't
get eaten, but it was gone faster than the sweets!



Spider cookies! These looked way cuter in the picture
that inspired me to make them. I think they look kind
of dorky, but they sure tasted good!




Popcorn balls! There's nothing scary about these, I suppose,
but they are orange, which goes along with the Halloween
theme, right? My mom always made these growing up,
so for me, it's just not Halloween without popcorn balls.
They were DELICIOUS. I think I ate most of them myself.
Actually, I'm sure I did.
I also made sugar cookies and frostem them. They were pumpkins and ghosts, but I ran out of time to decorate them, so they weren't that cute. They were, however, delicious.
Now for the costumes!!!


This is my brother Josh. Doesn't he look GREAT
as Lucius Malfoy? He's going to wear this same
getup when we go to the midnight showing
of the new movie!



Our neighbors, the Freys. They came as each other!
I wanted to do this originally, but for SOME REASON
David was against wearing a dress! =)




Our other neighbors, the Abreus. He was a cowboy
and she was a Hula girl.



David and me. You might recognize the costume David
is wearing because he wears it EVERY YEAR! Haha.
He REFUSED to spend any money on himself,
so this year I thought I would just go along with
it and I bought and adjusted this
Renaissance dress for myself. We just went as "Renaissance
People." =) Also, can you see the background that I covered
the furniture with sheets?
This Halloween was much more "Halloween-y" for me. We had so much fun and I hope next year is just as fun!

2 comments:

Alicia Baker said...

Fun!! I loved all your outfits. Josh will get all the girls with his costume. All the Harry Potter girls who like a little bit of a dark side.

Anonymous said...

Oh Jill, how cute!! You look absolutely beautiful and the food was adorable. I know what you mean about the popcorn balls, it is something about the salty and sweet that makes any kind of sweet popcorn my fave. I wonder what David will do with the costume next year? Josh does look fabulously Malfoy-ish. Have fun at the premiere!!