Wednesday, July 1

Nature's Wonders

David and I have really been enjoying the summer weather here in Provo. We are lucky enough to have a yard and garden with our apartment, and we love seeing all of its wonders.

Those red spots are bugs. Lots and
lots of bugs. I guess it's their mating
season. They're everywhere!

David made this garden bed out of
old window boxes. On the right is lettuce and
the left is cabbage. They should be growing into
heads anytime now.


We had a freak hail storm the other day.
The hail was the size of marbles and
I've never seen hail that big! I was
brave and ran out in the storm to grab
one. This particular chunk had already
melted a little bit by the time I took the
picture.


We have pears this year! We didn't get any last year,
so we are really excited. There are only about
three dozen pears or so, but we're happy to have them.



My favorite of all: our yellow roses. We didn't
plant them, but they are so beautiful and my
favorite flower, so I'm grateful to whoever
did plant them!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How pretty. I am especially excited for your pears.... I LOVE PEARS!

Summer here? I don't even go outside. I walk from my house to the car to the grocery store. That is about it.

email me so we can try and get together on the 15th! I will be doing graduation stuff on the west side (near the stadium) on Thurs, Fri and Sat. But we can get together Wed night or Sat night.

oboedm@yahoo.com

Alicia Baker said...

Your garden is so beautiful! Are you going to can the pears? You are so lucky you don't have to suffer in the valley!

The Cothrans said...

Wow, that was a lot of bugs! The roses are so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Yellow roses and daisies are some of my favorites!! You and David are doing a great job with your gardening and being caretakers of what was there already. I can't believe the hail! Did it damage anything? Love you1

Hannah + 4 said...

Beautiful garden! I'm jealous of yours and davids green thumb, mine is so far beyond green it's black. I LOVE pears! Those look so yummy. And one of my favorite meals growing up was corn beef and cabbage, my mom makes it for my birthday dinner every year!