Tuesday, June 23

Miracle of Miracles

One of the thousands of things David is good at is chess. He has studied it for years and entered in chess tournaments and everything. I'm not that great at chess, but I do know how all of the pieces can move. David and I have played chess together maybe four times since we've been married, and, of course, he always butchers me. He teaches me a little bit every time we play and tonight, on Family Night, a miraculous thing happened...

I BEAT HIM!!!

I am the dark and he's the light.

This is the checkmate. His king can't move
forward, or my pawn would get him. He can't
move up diagonally because my bishop
would get him. And he can't move back
diagonally because of my queen.



I can't believe it! I have never beat anyone at chess before! YESSSSS!!! I really just got lucky! Well, and David helped me a little along the way. =)

8 comments:

The Hoffmans said...

I'm glad that someone understands chess. I've been trying to understand how to play (Josh has even tried teaching me) and I still do not understand. Congrats on your win!

Anonymous said...

That's my girl!! You are good at anything you put your mind to! I remember when Josh was teaching me to play and I beat him. I never let him live it down. Wow, David has even been in tournaments. Maybe you should try entering some :)

Anonymous said...

Why did David remove his blog?

Anonymous said...

That is awesome. Doug is the best at games... and always wins. Whenever anyone beats him, we gloat for years

Anonymous said...

Yes? Why did David remove his blog? I was enjoying it! :)

The Cothrans said...

Good for you Jill!! The few times I try to play chess I struggle, that's a hard game, I still have a hard time with it, actually I forgot how!Congratulation!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jill~

David said you are coming into town.. shoot me an email so we can get together!

Harry Potter comes out that day, so maybe we can do dinner and see that! :)

oboedm at yahoo dot com

W. David Bozeman said...

Arrrrrrgggg!!!!!!!