Wednesday, November 18

Halloween

About a week before Halloween, we found out that David had to work on Halloween night. Since we knew we weren't going to be able to go to the ward party or hand out candy to any trick-or-treaters, we decided to do something fun beforehand. So a few nights before Halloween, we went to a masquerade ball.

Since David is working at a tuxedo store in the mall, he was
able to rent a tux for free! Doesn't he look sharp?
Luckily, I also had a dress that my sister-in-law
Katy gave to me about a year ago so I was
also able to wear something fancy!

Me before we left. There were a lot of really neat
masks at the ball, but David and I decided to go
plain and simple (not to mention save ourselves
over fifty bucks!).


David in his mask and tux. Isn't he handsome?

The ball ended up being just okay. It was just a glorified high school prom with dumb rap and hip-hop music, not really a "ball". We did have fun dressing up, though, and feeling fancy for one night.
Luckily, Halloween ended up being more fun than we thought. The mall did a trick-or-treating thing where kids could come and trick-or-treat from store to store. I got to go with David to work and hand out candy to the kids. David and I dressed up as hobbits and had a lot of fun looking at all of the costumes. We hope all of you had a wonderful Halloween as well!

3 comments:

Alicia Baker said...

How fancy! A ball! Lucky!

Valerie said...

You guys look great!

Anonymous said...

You both look adorable! I love the navy blue color, so classy and your eyes look so blue. Love you both!