Friday, January 22

Ice Skating

Not that anyone reads my blog, but I'm updating anyway! =)


Since the New Year, David and I have tried to go on dates that get us more active, rather than just watching a movie and going to dinner. Our first attempt was ice skating, and it was a blast.



David's ice skate.


David took to the ice very quickly, even though
he's only been ice skating once before.


He's so adorable.


As we were leaving the rink, we heard some cheering,
so we went around the corner to see what it was.
There was a hockey game going on! Neither of us had ever seen
a hockey game, so we sat and watched it. I think we have a new
favorite sport...

We had a terrific time and in the end, I only fell three times. One time I was heading towards the wall because I was exhausted. I guess my body gave up trying before I got to the wall, because I collapsed right in front of it! I got a nice bruise-colored bump on my thumb that didn't go away for about a week. David never fell, but was very kind about helping me up when I did. We will definitely go again (especially because it was free!)

4 comments:

The Hoffmans said...

I read your blog and I'm glad that you've updated. By the way.. I would have fell a lot more than that so your a pro in my book!

Alicia Baker said...

I just learned how to ice skate, too!! It is so fun! I fell once but it was really lame because I landed on me knees. Both of my knees had huge bruises. It was embarrassing to go to church...

My word verification is "freaver". For some reason I really like that word...

Anonymous said...

FUN! But where were the pictures of you? Yes, David is cute, but not as cute as you. How did you get to go for free? That's cool (literally). I absolutely love your blog. Never say die!!

superegobear said...

Free ice skating? Sounds way fun! And I want to see Jill's pictures too! I feel like I haven't talked to you for ages and I miss you a lot! I hope the school hasn't been too hard on you. Cheers!