Friday, February 26

Triumphs Make the Heart Grow Fonder

So we're at the testing center tonight.
Getting a little bit hungry.
Decide to get a snack from the vending machine.
Actually find change in my purse. Hallelujah!
Drop first quarter in, it comes right back out the bottom.
I hate vending machines.
Drop it in again.
It goes in this time, so I drop three more quarters in.
Decide to buy Ruffles cheddar and sour cream chips. Yum-o!
80 cents and delicious.
Hit buttons "1" and "2".
Wire spiral rolls, bag of chips gets stuck.
I HATE vending machines.
"Dang it."
Wire spiral rolls AGAIN, knocking TWO bags of chips down.
I scream and bend over to take them out, and one more bag falls on my hand.
Three bags!
I laugh and laugh, feeling triumphant. David laughs too.
Without looking, I take out my change, which should be twenty cents.
But in my hand is twenty cents and... a GOLD DOLLAR COIN.
I made twenty cents on that transaction...



I love vending machines.

4 comments:

Alicia Baker said...

Hahahaha! That's amazing! Remember the one time we were hanging out in your school's office and it ate my money? And we were beating up the vending machine and some teachers walked by? Yup, good times. And yes! You and David can join my road trip, but I think it would be more fun once I'm married. That way it's not as...weird. Haha!

The Hoffmans said...

That is so awesome! I wish that I had that type of luck. Last week a vending machine ate Wendi's money and she asked Doug for a refund (even though he doesn't fill that particular machine). Anyway, you never said anything, but when are you two going to Disneyland? If it is the same week (we are going the 15th of March) we should hang out together!

Unknown said...

i love that story. maybe you can tearfully bear your testimony about how you paid your tithing so the vending machine gave you a dollar and extra chips. ha. just kidding. i can't wait to see you guys this summer; hopefully!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Little surprises are the best!! I think you should tell the story about the Provo parking police! I was so proud of you when Josh told it to me!! Hey, Emily and Josh, we'll see you in Disneyland!!