Saturday, July 24

Projects...

We LOVE our new apartment! There is so much more space and everything is much newer. I could clean and clean our old apartment, but it wouldn't ever look very clean because everything was so old! This apartment actually looks clean with the new paint and carpet. I have had so much fun decorating it and making it a home. The lighting in the pictures looks really yellow, sorry about that. Here are a few of the projects that I've done so far...

Our kitchen has avocado green appliances and a yellow linoleum floor. It's
reminicent of the Brady Bunch era, for sure. At first I was frustrated
at how to decorate it. Yellow and green? I suppose I could
decorate it in Thoreau High School paraphernalia, seeing as how those
are the school colors. But then I thought, "Hey... sunflowers!" So
now my kitchen is a sunflower kitchen.

Our kitchen curtains. Yay! I have to admit, I didn't
make these from scratch. I bought them and hemmed them to the right length.
However, I know I couldn't have made curtains that I like this much!


I really love this display of pictures. All of the frames even match!
This is in our living room. I've also been falling in love with wrought
iron lately...



Wow, this picture turned out really dark. These are the curtains
in our bedroom. They are made out of chocolate brown taffeta
(to match the bedspread) and have a gold-ish scalloped trim.
Yes, I made these. =)



I did this just yesterday and I LOVE it! However, this picture
makes the wall display look really small, and thus disproportional
with the bed. It's not, though, I promise. =) More
wrought iron...



This is my wedding bouquet! Well, part of it.

When I moved up to Utah, my mom and I set my bouquet in

a box, gently of course, but it got left in the box for so long that
the side that was touching the box was smushed flat. Is smushed
a word? Anyway, I was able to salvage three of the roses and
a few of the daisies and make a
mini bouquet. The ribbon is left over from the ribbon we tied
around our wedding announcements and I found this shadow box at DI for
three dollars! This is one of my favorite projects I've done.



The lighting in our house isn't really this yellow,
I promise! We got this lantern as a wedding gift and
my mom gave me the wreath and I just like how they go together.
This is the centerpiece for our coffee table, or "hot cocoa" table,
as my mom likes to call it. =)


This is my latest project. I have been saving old jeans

since my junior year in high school and finally had ten pair, which I
figured would be enough for a picnic blanket. David, being so good at math,
calculated that for the size of quilt I want I would need 144 quilt blocks.
After three long hours with just me, ten pair of jeans, and some scissors,
guess how many quilt blocks I ended up with? 144. No joke.
I get such a kick out of doing projects. They make me so happy and help me to feel productive. We love our new apartment and are excited about all of the fun times we've had and are going to have in it.

5 comments:

{Marie Long} said...

look how cute you are. It's so nice when your house can clean up well. Good job on the decorating.

Melissa Price said...

Great ideas, looks so cute. Call me. I mean it. :)

Alicia Baker said...

Wow, you got a lot done since the last time I saw you...which was like a week ago. I love/loved your apartment! Thanks for the enjoyable time :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree with Marie, look how cute you are. I especially love the bedroom curtains because you made them yourself. That's my girl!! I think you should stop what you are doing right now and call Melissa.

Melissa Price said...

Amen!