Yes, that's right folks the Bozeman's just bought themselves A NEW CAR!
So here's the lowdown:
We had our old car (bless its heart) for about a year and a half. We bought it for $2000 straight up and it had a new transmission in it. Good deal right? Well, it worked great for all that time, except for one thing: it smoked to high Heaven. Anytime we were stopped at a light we would see the little kids in cars next to us point at the rear end of our car and laugh. Adults would roll up their windows. I guess they thought it was better to inhale the clean but stifling air in their car than to inhale the cool polluted air from outside.
We always felt terrible driving past a biker that was pumping really hard...
One time we were heading home and some stupid college guy who thought he was hilarious paced us and yelled out his window, "Hey, hey! Your car's smoking! Your car's smoking!" We said, "Yeah we know." and then under my breath I said, "Idiot." We sped up and he paced us again and laughed and yelled, "Hey, your car's smoking! Hey, your car's smoking!"
Some people are just dumb.
So a few days later I went to check the mailbox and there's a letter from the health department.
Uh-oh.
I open it up and it says, "You were seen on South State Street on such and such a day at such and such a time. Were you aware that it is illegal to have visible emissions from your exhaust pipe? The only time visible exhaust is permitted is when...." Blah blah blah. HUMILIATING. David thinks it may have been a policeman that reported us, but to this day I think it was that stupid college kid.
So we decided it was time to do something about it.
So we bought a new car! We're really excited about it.
plenty of leg room, too! A four door car. Can you
believe it?
looking like one, too. =)
We are very excited about our new car. I just realized that maybe I should've taken a picture of the outside of the car... Hmmm... Haha. Oh well.
Do you want to know the best part? We were able to trade in our old red car. For $1900.

4 comments:
What kind of car is it? You forgot to mention that!
Hahaha! Yes, you need to show the outside, too (even though you and David are also nice looking). We thought it was just lovely when we saw it in Colorado and I rode in it for 100 yards! Was your tummy full of MY doughnuts?? Hahahaha!!
Haha! I'm glad you got a new car! Yeah, your old car was pretty embarrasing. Oh! Happy anniversary! And happy 20th birthday!!!
I'm so sorry that I don't think anyone warned you about the Bozeman curse concerning vehicular situations. Ask David if he hasn't told you yet. Although, now that I'm older, I think the Bozeman curse might have been self-inflicted from lack of maintenance.............anyways, I loved your post showing all of your craft stuff!! Now that I'm able to comment again, I'll be back to my regularly scheduled remarks. We miss you guys tons!
Post a Comment