I have been reading a book on housekeeping that my AWESOME sister-in-law Katy bought me. In it, the author said that a well-balanced dinnner should have a vegetable, a meat, and a starch. I instantly became obsessed with the idea.
Anyway, tonight David and I put together an inexpensive and luscious dinner. We went to our favorite grocery store Macey's and found HUGE steaks for about $1.00 a piece. We came home and David cooked them to perfection while I made homemade mashed potatoes, with about fifty cents worth of potatoes. I then heated up two cans of green beens, valued at about 40 cents a can. So, this luxurious dinner for two cost us a grand total of ...*drumroll*... $3.30! We were pretty proud. The dinner filled us up, was delicious, and best of all, it had all three necessary components to a well-balanced meal! Yay for cooking and saving money! It is so neat when they go hand in hand.

8 comments:
Yumyum!! Oh, I haven't had steak, a real one, for a while. The entire plate looks scrumptious!! I guess my husband would like this combination very much; in fact, who can resist the steak-potato duo, haha! I tried to make canned green beans with carmelized onion once and it turned out pretty good. You might give it a try next time:)
i suppose those mashed potatoes were the awesome ones that your mom makes. i'm going to figure it out one day!! man, that dinner makes me hungry. you are so cute to call me awesome, by the way!! so i'll just go with it.
It has to be one of the best feelings in the world, to make such a yummy meal for such an awesome deal!!
By the way this is Alessandra. I'm blogging from my parent's house. Therr net is so much faster!
That's my girl!! I am so proud of you and your homemaking skills. You have learned and practiced so much in just the short time you've been married. I will say it again: David is one lucky guy!!
That looks yummy! I've always liked the idea of having three different items on our dinner plates but it rarely happens. Your awesome!
Jill thanks for making me hungry hahaha!....your a good wife and David is so lucky to have you as his wife...i wish i can get this plate out of the computer and eat it hahaha....
I've been meaning to comment on this one for a while now, but every time I see this post in my google reader I start salivating and have to go find something to eat.
Sadly, I can never find anything in the fridge that looks quite like this!
Post a Comment