Monday, March 2

Another Fish Story

One thing I love about David is that he is always zealous about trying new things. He likes to go on adventures, and now that he's married, he HAS to take me with him. =) He has a friend named Jim who is the same way; he loves adventure. A few weeks ago, Jim took us to go ice fishing! Neither David nor I had ever been, so we were pretty excited! Early one Saturday morning, we bundled up really well and drove to Jim's house, and then to the lake. With our gear in hand, we walked all the way out to the very middle of the lake. I was freaked out the whole time because I thought the ice was going to break! We finally found the spot we were looking for, and set up!

This is David drilling a hole through the ice
with Jim's hand crank. I tried to do it, but
I wasn't strong enough. =)
A perfect hole. When I saw that the ice was
at least 8 inches thick, I wasn't scared
anymore. But some people were driving
ATV's across the lake! That I WOULD be
too scared to do.

My handsome David patiently waiting for a fish.
Look at that view!


Me all bundled up. I guess I'm a wuss. That's Jim
in the background. After sitting there for awhile,
you forget that you're sitting in the middle of a lake!


Then, surprise! David caught the first fish
of the day!



My proud husband. He definitely had
better luck ice fishing than he
did when we went in the fall. ;)




A LOT better luck. He caught three!



Here he is. Waiting patiently again.


I FINALLY caught a fish! We were out
there for 7 hours, and I only caught
one in the last fifteen minutes. Then no fish
were biting, so we decided to leave.
They took their lines out of the holes,
but I had a feeling that I was going to
catch another one! And, sure enough,
a second later I had a nibble, and I reeled
up and the fish jumped right out of the hole!
I had caught two!
These are all the fish David and I caught.
Five between us!

We had so much fun and are planning on going again soon. It was nice to be able to go fishing again. We had missed it a lot. We had rainbow trout for dinner that night, to be sure!

5 comments:

Katy said...

I showed Jesse this post and he's seething with jealousy. Can't wait to talk to you guys soon! Jill, I'm jealous, too because you actually would stay out there for 7 hours. I'm not that nice! Love you both!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you are having so many "bentures"!! You will always have a fun life with David around :). You should have taken a picture of David's cute little sunburned nose!!

stephasauri said...

WOW! That does sound like an adventure! You are troopers! Go Team Bozeman!

The Cothrans said...

That looks like a lot of fun! You guys are so adventures! The ice looks so thick and pretty! Sounds like you had a yummy dinner,you guys caught some big fishes,wow!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your new background, Bebbie! Happy St. Patrick's Day and Happy Birthday to Josh!