Wednesday, April 15

Easter Egg-citement!

David and I had a pretty fun Easter together. As always, we tried to follow the traditions that our families put in place when we were children. So, here are some picures.


I had the opportunity to teach the
lesson for Young Women's on Easter Sunday!
I wanted to make a special treat,
so I looked up some cute recipes online.
I decided to make bunny cupcakes!
Here is the end result. Marshmallow ears
and cheeks, and jelly bean eyes and nose.
I forgot to make the frosting with shortening
instead of butter, so my frosting was
off-white and didn't match the
marshmallows. Oh well. Frosting is
frosting right?
My little nest of bunnies!


Growing up, my family ALWAYS colored
eggs. So, David and I did too. Here is
my EXTREMELY excited husband.

The mugs I used to put the dye in were
a little bit too small. When you put the
egg in, the dye raised clear to the top!

Our colorful creations!

David with all of the presents the
Easter Bunny brought him!
The Easter Bunny brought him
Cecil B. Demille's "10 Commandments"
because the Easter Bunny knows that David's
family watched it every Easter.
Here I am with my gifts. The Easter Bunny
actually bought me clothes! He has
never been brave enough to buy me
clothes of any kind! And, no, I didn't make this dress.
I wanted to make an Easter dress, but I ran
out of time... and money. =)
I hope all of you had a fun Easter as well!

9 comments:

The Hoffmans said...

Those cupcakes look really good. Can I have one? Josh and I tried to dye eggs but they didn't turn out too well. We tried using food coloring but it was really messy. I already bought a food coloring kit for next year. Maybe they'll turn out better.

Katy said...

Did David pick out those shoes for you? I love them!! I can't believe you got him that movie that is so sweet!! Sorry, the Easter Bunny got it for him. We can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks.

Anonymous said...

Cute pics! I love it that you are carrying on our family traditions! I don't think I told you (and I can tell by your colored eggs) that we always put a little oil in the coloring so that the eggs can be colored in more than one dye. But yours are bright and beautiful!! You also look beautiful. Love the shoes, can't believe David was actually brave enough to buy you clothes! Dad gave up years ago :)

Anonymous said...

I forgot to say that your cupcakes turned out cute! You are the woman!!

The Bozemans said...

Yes, Katy, David picked out the shirt and shoes all on his own! I had never even seen them! I was super proud of his good taste. And Mom I did remember that we put oil in the dye, but David and I decided not to do that. I wanted a bright pink egg all over, we decided not to. We are both WAY excited to see all of you in a few short weeks!

superegobear said...

I can tell from the pics that Dave was EXTREMELY excited!! It's so nice to have many colorful eggs during the Easter, isn't it? I really really love your bunny cupcakes and I think the yellow frosting is better than a white one; so you made a beautiful mistake:) I like the flats your bunny fairy gave you too, a cute one for spring!

L and L Rogers said...

Ugh still sick of cupcakes. But they look really cool. That's awesome that you guys follow family traditions. Haha Lance and I are bums. But, hey, watching Ben-Hur around Easter was a family tradition at one point.

The Cothrans said...

Family traditions are the best! Looks like David was having a blast coloring the eggs! Your cupcakes are adorable!

Tracy said...

Hey Jill, I like to visit your blog because I think it's cute and it reminds me of my college/newlywed days. But I just realized that I'm peeking in on your life (I promise I'm not some creepy stalker) without inviting you to do the same. So if you want to, you can email me at tdo(dot)brown(at)gmail(dot)com and I will "invite" you to my blog. But just if you want to.

Cute shoes, by the way! The Easter Bunny has good taste.

Tracy Brown
(I used to babysit you :)