Thursday, April 2

Catastrophic Cookies

Recently I was on my cousin Louise's blog, and she was saying how she was a ditzy wife. She mentioned how she had messed up a cupcake recipe and had to double it. So, I decided to let her know that she is DEFINITELY not alone. These pictures are from Valentine's Day just this past February. I never posted them because I thought I was the only wife that messed up her cooking. Anyway, every Valentine's Day my mom always made heart-shaped sugar cookies, frosted them, and gave them to neighbors. I wanted to keep up the tradition. Here are my attempts:


Attempt #1: I put too many cookies on the
tray. I didn't realize that sugar
cookies spread out that much. Oops!
Attempt #2: I had the right amount of cookies
on the tray, but, obviously, I cooked them
too long. The smoke alarm went off and the
cookie sheet has dark heart shapes
all over it that won't wash off!

Luckily, David and I were not completely without
cookies on Valentine's Day. My wonderful
mother sent us some. Thanks, Mom!
I don't know how David got his eyes to
cross like that... hmmm...
Needless to say, we didn't take any to our neighbors. =) Well, Louise, I hope this post makes you feel better. Besides, at least your cupcakes (all several dozen) tasted good! =)

6 comments:

superegobear said...

Oh, at least you had your mom's cute cookies on Valentine's Day! My Mom didn't send me any:(

The Hoffmans said...

Jill, I could have told you a long time ago that you are not the only one. I've been married over a year and I still cannot make pancakes without burning them. If you ever think that you are the only one... you probably aren't, trust me.

The Cothrans said...

I still can't get my french bread quite right yet!

Anonymous said...

I went to town (30 miles away) and left a waffle in my waffle iron and had to call the neighbors to break into my house and unplug it. It was very black! Those pics made me laugh so hard. Definitely a post for the ages!! Love you Bebbie!

stephasauri said...

One of my favorite things about blogging is being able to share experiences like this. It's so much more fun to have others to laugh with you.

islandmom1180 said...

oh Jill your a good wife no matter what?...burn cookies taste good too hahaha!...and i taste those sugar cookies that your mom made it was yummy...