Thursday, May 7

Disneyland: Part I

Hello faithful bloggers! We are back from Disneyland and we had SO much fun! I took 246 pictures, so I'm obviously not going to post all of them. Not only are there a ton, but they are so varied. So, I decided to do a few posts about Disneyland and divide my pictures into categories. My first category is, of course, FOOD! So, here it goes! I hope you enjoy!


We got to California really late at night,
but we were all really hungry. So,
we tried to find a restaurant that
was open, and good ole IHOP was!
This was almost our most expensive meal
the whole vacation!
A classic at Disneyland, the gumbo
sourdough breadbowl. Soooooo good.

THIS was our most expensive meal. The
restaurant is called the Blue Bayou
and it is in the park inside of the famous
Pirates of the Caribbean ride.
As you eat your meal in semidarkness,
you can see people on the ride,
quietly riding along in boats.
Normally, you have to make reservations months
in advance, but they happened to have
a few openings when we showed up.
This is the Monte Cristo sandwich
and you dip it in the boisonberry sauce. Yummy!

David and I have been saving up our change
for Disneyland. We left this bag of 346 pennies
as part of the tip at the Blue Bayou. How
tacky are we???


Yes, it is real. It is known as Mile High Chocolate
Cake. I've never tasted anything so gourmet.

The classic mint julep. It tastes like minty water.
My whole family really likes them, but I'm not a fan.
This was David's, and I ate the cherry on top. =)

The classic HUGE lollipop. I can't
tell by David's face if he likes it or not...

Lovely picture, eh? Me chowing down on a
chimichanga. If I continue this habit, what I
have to look forward to is sitting behind me.
Josh's joke, not mine.
The churro. Deep fried bread rolled in cinnamon
and sugar. Need I say more?
My all-time favorite, cotton candy!
Don't worry. I will tell you more about Disneyland later!

4 comments:

superegobear said...

Ha, when we were on our honeymoon, I took about 600 pictures (after editing). Isn't it crazy? And I have my own food category too!!! You guys are so lucky to get into the caribbean ride restaurant. Trav and I thought about trying to get in but gave it up in no time, haha. And I think the penny-for-tip idea is great!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I want to go back to Disneyland, just for the food! The pictures are cute, of course they are of the cutest people I know! More Disneyland posts soon, please!! Love you!

The Cothrans said...

The Mile High Chocolate Cake looks amazing, yummy!! I want some!

stephasauri said...

Who knew that you could do a whole post just on the food! I love that you (or your mom) busted out the camera every time anyone was eating anything! How fun! I'm excited to hear more about your Disney adventure!