Sunday, June 7

Birthday Bash

David's birthday was on June 1st, and those that know me know that I LOVE throwing a good themed party. For David's birthday this year, I wanted to throw him a pirate birthday!

David and I in our awesome costumes,
thanks to DI and my mom's magnificent
sewing talent!

Our friends Travis and Yu-Ting came.
We were surprised that they got into
the whole dressing up thing, but we were
overjoyed that they did!

Because the theme was pirates, we of course
had to have a treasure hunt! I typed up clues
on parchment paper and hid them around our house.
This is them finding one of the clues.

Arrrrgh! They found the treasure hidden
in the strawberry patch!


We also played "Pin the Patch on the Pirate".
My talented brother Hayden (left) drew a skull
and crossbones for me to put on the pirate flag.


David opening one of his many presents. He
got so spoiled but he definitely deserves it!


Don't laugh. It's supposed to be a treasure chest.
I got the idea from a website. However, the cake
mix I used had pudding in the mix, so my cake
was way too moist to stick together. I was supposed
to cut wedges out of the cake to prop the lid open, but
the wedges crumbled in my hand so I just stuffed
cake crumbs under the lid to help keep it up.
I was getting really frustrated.

David blowing out his candles. I won't tell you
how many there are, or he would get mad
at me! Everyone just laughed at my
cake when I brought it out. =(

As with any good party, there were goody bags
for everyone, complete with nasty pirate teeth!

Overall I was pretty proud of the way the party turned out. David is still talking about it, so I guess he had fun. That is all that really matters to me! Happy birthday, Sweetie!

9 comments:

The Hoffmans said...

I thought that the cake was cool! I knew what it was when I saw it. When all the Harry Potter's are out on DVD Josh and I are going to have a theme for his party... Harry Potter and we are going to watch all of them.

stephasauri said...

WOW Jill! What a FUN party! You did a fabulous job. The cake looks great! I don't know what you're talking about! People just laughed out of amazement I bet!

Anonymous said...

I laughed when you told me about your cake "trials" but it really did turn out great!! I can't believe how much use David has gotten out of that costume! I'm glad!! I'm also glad Hayden got to be there for the party. Wait! Is that David feeling with his left hand on "Pin the Patch on the Pirate"? Cheating!! Happy Birthday Son!! (You are getting really old, like, WAY older than Jill) :)!!

Melissa Price said...

That is so fun!! (My birthday is October 27, in case you want to get planning now. ;)

Anonymous said...

That is too cute! I don't really do anything for our birthdays, but maybe you have inspired me!

superegobear said...

That was an awesome party, Jill! You are really talented when it comes to party planning! We had lots of fun that night and to be honest, what would be a better occasion to dress up and have fun? Definitely count us on when next time you throw a party again!

Unknown said...

That's totally radical. I wish I could have been there. Of course I would have come as a US Navy Seal with a sniper rifle.

Katy said...

jill you are so cool!!!!

Debbie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.